prep time: 15 mins
cook time: 0 mins
total time: 15 mins
Makes 3 servings
Do we really need to sell you on the creamy, garlic awesomeness that is Alfredo sauce?
Even if we don't this sauce will rock your tastebuds. Garlic not only adds some big flavor to this recipe, it also brings it many anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties to the mix as well. No processed thickening agents are used in this recipe (as you may have guessed) we have mashed potatoes to fill that role. Depending on what potatoes you use, organic no doubt, you're adding a good source of Vitamin B6 as well as potassium to rival a banana.
You want pasta, and we want you to have it in a healthy way. Let's get into it!
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ medium avocado (or 1 small avocado)
- in a blender or food processor, add your garlic, lemon juice and avocado
- once a consistency is reached add in the onion and mashed potatoes
- slowly add in the vegetable broth to loosen the mixture as needed
- add the nutritional yeast, mustard, nutmeg, and salt + pepper
- add in any remaining vegetable broth; your sauce is ready to use on your favorite dishes.