prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 15 mins
total time: 20 mins
Makes abouT 10 biscuits
Biscuits, biscuits, and more biscuits. Whether you're smothering them in gravy, pairing them with your favorite breakfast dish, or using them for a sandwich biscuits never go out of style.
Biscuits can get a bad rap from all of the butter and loads of jam that are piled onto these little warm morsels but with this recipie you don't have to worry about any of that. Substituing coconut oil for butter is a must; creamier, better for you, and of course no guilt. The whole wheat flour takes the guess work out of wheter or not your flour was bleached, because no one wants to eat bleach in any form.
This is the easiest and most simple form of bread baking (yeah, you're a baker now tell all your friends). Scroll down an let's get into the flaky, biscuit goodness.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup milk
- In your mixing bowl add the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In your measuring cup whisk coconut oil and milk.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, blend well
- Add in tsp of vanilla extract if you love that sort of thing
- Preheat oven to 350°
- use a nonstick baking sheet or line your sheet with butter
- roll out your dough on a flat, floured surface.
- Use your favorite cup, or maybe you have a mold, to cut out your biscuits
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Allow to cool before enjoying!