prep time: 20 mins
cook time: 0 min
total time: 20 mins
makes 4 servings
plant-based life is booming and everyone is looking for the proper substitute for their favorite meals with all of the protein included.
In comes chickpea flour to the rescue! This tofu recipe packs a whopping 10 grams of protein per serving and can be added to a variety of dishes. Looking to substitute a scrambled egg? Try crumbled this in it's place. Looking to make a egg & cheeze english muffin? Take a slice of this for the best plant-based breakfast sandwich. Looking to add a kick to your Pad Thai or veggie bowl? Take a few cubes of this to add life to your meal.
It is easy to see this chickpea tofu recipie is something you want to have handy and keeping some pre-made tofu in the fridge may not be a bad idea. Get into this quick, protein packed recipie below.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- take the pitted dates and pulse in the food processor until a paste forms
- in a mixing bowl mix the date paste, coconut oil, agave, nut butter and vanilla.
- Once mixed add in the salt, cinnamon, coconut shreds and minced nuts
- Last add in the chia seeds, cacao nibs and the flax egg mixture. You're looking for an even mix here.
- Once your paste is formed, flatten it out in your glass baking dish
- (optional: feeling adventurous? add 2tbsp of dried fruit )
- Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours before enjoying! (you know unless you're impatient and want to eat it right away)