not your meatloaf
prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 30 mins
total time: 40 mins
Makes one loaf : serves 4
Meatloaf? Nope. Lentil loaf? Oh, yeah.
You were waiting to find lentils and they're happy you're here. Lentils are what you were waiting for to make your burgers, "meat"balls, and more. This recipe calls for red and brown lentils which are a GREAT source of protein, improved digestion, and weight loss. Lentils are an edible seed that are also relatively inexpensive at most grocers and local marts.
The amount of protein found in lentils is up to 35%! Grab your ingredients and let's get into it.
- 1 cup lentils
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- ½ red onion
- 3 tbsp flax seed
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 bellpepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups oat flour
- Dice the carrots, red onion, bellpepper, and celery.
- Add both lentils, and the veggies above to your large pan.
- Add water and vegetable broth, allow ingredients to boil and simmer until all liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the over to 350º
- Add the oats to your processor. Process for about 20 seconds.
- Add the oats and the lentil mix to your mixing bowl.
- Form the two together into a log and place in your loaf pan.
- Bake at 350º for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and add your ketchup.
- Bake for 5 minutes more
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving