prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 30 mins
total time: 40 mins
Makes 10 tacos (or 5 really epic tacos)
You were waiting to find lentils and they're happy you're here. Lentils are what you were waiting for to make your burgers, "meat"balls, and more. This recipe calls for red and brown lentils which are a GREAT source of protein, improved digestion, and weight loss. Lentils are an edible seed that are also relatively inexpensive at most grocers and local marts.
The amount of protein found in lentils is up to 35% making these tacos suitable for your most protein focused friends and family.
This is really a great party staple, or family meal activity. Grab your ingredients and get ready for some of the best tacos ever.
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½cup mushroom minced
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 avocado
- Place lentils, spice, and oil in an empty pot.
- Add water and bring to a low boil
- Add garlic, rice, and mushroom to a skillet
- add salt and pepper, sauté until soft
- after water has boiled out of the lentils allow to cool a bit as you get your taco shells ready
- Add shredded romain lettuce or spinach to your tacos.
- add the rice mix then layer the lentils to your happiness
- Top with your favorite sour cream, salsa and cheese. Serve and enjoy