Awesome OatmeaL Cookies
prep time: 10 mins
cook time: 10 mins
total time: 25 mins
makes 12 cookies to share
Ok, now that we've gotten that out of our system we're going to share our most beloved cookie recipe with you. Steel cut oats are definetly a power food with their protein, fiber, and iron being at the top of the list of reasons why you shoud be consuming them. Adding them to a cookie recipe is a great way to make sure everyone in the family is getting the nutrients they need with loads of taste.
Grab your ingredients, put on your favorite tunes and lets get into it.
- 2 cup oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsp avage
- 1 tbsp minced almonds
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup raisins
- tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grab a medium to large (8-10") baking sheet and add a light layer of coconut oil.
- Peel the banana, in the bowl mash into a baby food consistency.
- Add the oats to your processor. Process until fine with pieces.
- add the oats to your mashed banana.
- add the agave, milk and vanilla to the mixture.
- Add the nuts and raisins in incrementally as you mix the dough.
- Form the cookies into the perfect shape (trust yourself you've got this)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the oven.
- Allow to cool before enjoying on your own or sharing with friends.