prep time: 5 mins
cook time: 8 mins
total time: 13 mins
makes 1 amazing bowl
This oatmeal is your powerhouse of protein, nutrients and energy to get you going and keep you going throughout the day. Steel cut oats are definetly a power food with their protein, fiber, and iron being at the top of the list of reasons why you shoud be consuming them.
The Chia and Flax seeds are providing you with your Omega-3s "good fats", fiber, anti-oxidants, fiber and calcium! Pumpkin seeds are really stealing the show with heart and liver health (there's even some prostate health benefits if you're looking for that). These are just the seeds, we're already on a roll. Get your steel cut oats, get your bowl and let's get into it.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp almonds
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp salt
- Bring the water, milk and salt to a boil in an 8" sauce pan
- Slowly stir in the oats and raisins
- Reduce the heat and cover
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients together in the food processor, blend well.
- Take the oatmeal from the heat and allow it to stand for 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
- While you wait for the oatmeal to cool, sprinkle your nut mixture from the processor on top.
- Remember oatmeal gets hot in tricky spots let it cool and your tastebuds will thank you.
(Tip: If you're heading out prepare this in a mason jar and you're on your way.)