rawsome zucchini pasta salad
prep time: 30 mins
cook time: 0 min
total time: 30 mins
makes 4 bowls
Raw food always gets a funny face or a bad rap. Why? Well because we're accustomed to cooking everything and in short, when you cook it you kill it. Heating food destroys its natural enzymes and nutrients, but jumping from cooked everything to raw anything could be a bit much so start!
Zucchini is high in Vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as a good way to eat your water as zucchini is 95% water. Mixing this with nutritional yeast, which packs complete protein and B-complex vitamins, could be the end of your meal but for the sake of taste and health packed greatness we're adding more.
Grab your ingredients for this quick, raw, healthy, delicious materpiece.
- 3 cups coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium-large zucchini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup half cut cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 4 avocado
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup minced jalapeño
- salt + pepper to taste
- using a spiralizer, take the zucchini and zoodle it.
- add the garlic, basil, and olive oil to a food processor
- after mixture reaches a smooth consistency, add the avocados and coconut milk slowly until you have a creamy delicious sauce
- pour the sauce over the zucchini noodles and mix thoroughly
- add the cucumber, tomato, nutritional yeast and jalapeño to the noodle
- Toss pasta once more, add salt + pepper to taste